MetaCard compatibility patterns

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue May 24 19:23:03 EDT 2016

Paul Dupuis <paul at ...> writes:

> On 5/24/2016 6:54 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> > Would this break anything that anybody relies on? Does anyone use the actual
> > brush image ids? Or care what the actual brush *numbers* are?
>
> I don't believe I have anything that uses brush numbers or IDs, but I
> did want to comment on the problem with breaking backward compatibility.

Yes, thanks, exactly why I'm bringing this up.
To that point: the brush ids are only available in the IDE, not in standalones.
Within the IDE, I'd like to suggest using the actual values assigned rather
than the remapped values, which you can't access by script anyway.
Setting and querying the brush, eraser and spray values should not change.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com