Infinite Livecode Pledge

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue May 24 11:32:44 EDT 2016

On 24/05/2016 16:19, Lagi Pittas wrote:

> We don't have any statistics from LC to see how many people are on
> subscription and how many actively use the product for free which would
> help.

Approximately 75% of LiveCode users are using the open source edition
and do not have an active subscription.

Without counting bug reporting [1], approximately 98% of the changes to
the LiveCode engine and IDE are made by the core dev team, and most of
this work is funded by subscriptions.  Almost all of those changes go
directly into the open source edition.

                                                Peter

[1] Some of our open source edition users are very diligent about
carefully testing LiveCode and filing extremely high-quality bug reports.

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team

LiveCode 2016 Conference: https://livecode.com/edinburgh-2016/