Project Browser

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue May 24 10:55:56 EDT 2016

On 24/05/2016 15:44, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Did someone say there was a way to get the application browser back? The project browser in it's current form is a bit unusable. A couple times I attempted to drag-reorder the objects, and instead only succeeded at putting one object into another group. I changed the sort order to number and the window went blank. Yeah. No. Not usable.

I guiltily confess to not having used 8 in anger until now; at which point I
have started collecting Project Browser issues. (Actually, just yesterday!)

On going to Bugzilla to think about how to report them, I see that there are
many existing reports:

http://quality.livecode.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc=project%20browser&short_desc_type=substring

(of which more than half resolved, and most of the others confirmed).  I
confess I've not yet found the time to work through my list to see if there's
anything not yet covered.

So I think we can expect progress!

In the meantime, you can access the Application Overview under
Development/Plugins/revApplicationOverview.

But I'm trying to persevere with using PB as much as possible, in the hope of
helping to track down the bugs...

Ben