create a library in LCB - is there also a step by step lesson

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Tue May 24 13:16:36 CEST 2016


Hi Mathias the answer is YES! There is a very fine lesson in the dictionary -
however it is best to use the dictionary from version LC 8.1.0(dp1) or later
as this version updates the sample code to current syntax.

To get the lesson:

1 - in LC 8.1.0(dp1) or later open the dictionary
2 - wait a few seconds without worrying as things load
3 - click the 'Guide' tab in the top-left
4 - wait a few seconds more without worrying as things load
5 - find the dropdown control close to the top-left and click it
6 - select "Extending LiveCode" from the list
7 - follow the instructions to create your version of 'the pink circle'
widget

If you're like me you'll need a fair bit of protected time to do this as you
read background documents, tinker with settings, try new functions etc - but
the example works nicely and opens up a whole new vista of LiveCode
opportunities!

Kind regards

Dave



-----
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham 
--
View this message in context: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/create-a-library-in-LCB-is-there-also-a-step-by-step-lesson-tp4705087p4705095.html
Sent from the Revolution - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



More information about the use-livecode mailing list