Problems with Xcode
dave at applicationinsight.com
Fri May 20 17:36:53 EDT 2016
Hi Martin, I notice from your error message that LiveCode is trying to
connect to Xcode2.app, is that what you have called your copy of Xcode 6.2
or is that an older version of Xcode on your system?
Sometimes the path to Xcode does not get updated in LiveCode's 'mobile
support' preferences and that can produce errors similar to yours...
First thing to try is to remove references to Xcode completely in LiveCode's
preferences pane, exit and restart LiveCode and enter the path to the
correct version of Xcode - follow that with a test build
If that doesn't work and you are comfortable with terminal then open
terminal and type "xcode-select -p" (without the quote marks) - this should
give you the system-wide default path to Xcode assets - if it points to the
wrong version then you can reset it by entering "sudo xcode-select -switch
/path/to/this/xcode/version" (swapping out "/path/to/this/xcode/version"
with the path to the version of Xcode you want to use)
BTW I used the differentiate and store old versions of Xcode by renaming the
Xcode app file, but I've had no more trouble since I instead made version
numbered folders for them (within the Applications folder) so that each
version of the app is still called "Xcode.app"
Please note: the above terminal commands worked for me, and I got them from
a LiveCode staff member ages ago - but I know very little about terminal so
I offer those snippets with NO GUARANTEE WHATSOEVER which is why I suggest
only those who know what they are doing in terminal use them
Best of luck!
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham
View this message in context: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Problems-with-Xcode-tp4704964p4704994.html
Sent from the Revolution - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Use-livecode