HTML5 LC Download Icon?

Bob Hall bob at bobhall.net
Fri May 20 09:56:56 EDT 2016

For me to be able to even consider using LC HTML5 I need a couple basic commands to get and post URLs. What I want to do basically is RESTful things with a server app using LC HTML5 as the “front end”. No local access to client, just URL gets and posts. Without these basic capabilities, for me HTML5 is nothing I’m interested in. If I’m missing something I’d love to be educated on how to do this.

Would there be any interest in a community backed effort working with LC Services to prioritize HTML gets/posts for HTML5?  I know there will be a cost of many $1000s I’m sure. As I don’t have that, I wonder what the level of success would be of a Community based funding campaign to prioritize this capability with the Development team...

Also, earlier in the thread I saw a mention that Indy license includes the HTML5 capabilities without the “download button”. For me, I need to spend another $50/month to get this support in my Indy license. That’s the case correct?

Bob