Odd native scroller issue on iOS

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Thu May 19 00:11:49 EDT 2016

I’m having an issue with a native scroller on iOS. It’s used to scroll a group of expanding and contracting form elements that each contain a number of ‘on/off’ buttons. It all works well enough (with the contentRect of the scroller being adjusted each time an element is expanded or contracted) except under certain circumstances, where some of the elements (typically above a particular point in the form) become unresponsive to mouse/touch events. The only way to get things happening again is to ‘jiggle’ the scroller with your finger.

The problem is definitely related to the native scroller because if I turn it off and resort to a LC scroller it never happens. With the scroller on, the contentRect always appears to report the correct dimensions but even though it (contentRect) doesn’t include a strip down the side of the screen where the controls for toggling the elements are located these are still affected when the problem occurs. Controls that are above the contentRect area (i.e. nearer the top of the screen) are never affected.

Before I file a bug report, has anyone seen anything similar or have any suggestions for working around the problem. I feel like I’ve tried everything up to this point but maybe not.

Terry

Terry Judd  | Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Department of Medical Education<http://medicine.unimelb.edu.au/medical-education>
The University of Melbourne<http://www.unimelb.edu.au>
M: 0435 961 594  |  E: terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:tsj at unimelb.edu.au>
Publications<https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=XC5s6wwAAAAJ&hl=en>