Infinite LiveCode - Message from CEO

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Fri May 13 17:00:55 EDT 2016

Hi Richard,

These surveys could be a lot better than they are.

1.  The data collected is not blind.  It is traceable to the
     participant who filled out the survey.

2.  The questions are not all available at once so that one
     can decide if they want to participate or not.  The
     participant has no idea how many questions there are,
     what the questions are that will be asked, or how much time
     he/she will have to devote to answering the questions.

3.  The survey when it asks questions like: Would you like
     to see project XYZ implemented?, then almost immediately
     asks: If so, how much money would you be willing to
     pledge to this project right now?  This seems more like
     an attempt to bully people out of their money, rather than
     an attempt to collect some blind data about support for a project.

The approach for money should take place separately from the
survey which should be blind only data collected.

I think a lot of people in our community have caught onto this unfair
approach, and may have given up on responding to such surveys.
Consequently, LiveCode Ltd., isn’t getting enough data to make
correct assessments with their surveys.

Just my 2 cents. :-|

Rick