recording sound problem with new mac pro

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Fri May 13 16:18:07 EDT 2016

I also saw this happen. I believe it is a problem based the version of OS X that you are using, and probably the implementation of QuickTime by OS X in your new Mac.

1. Apple is scaling back support for QT—I think this is a symptom of that.
2. Currently LiveCode requires QT to enable recording.
3. LiveCode is planning to implement recording using the native AV Foundation—but that hasn’t happened yet.

So, in the meantime—apparently you will not be able to record in LC on your Mac Pro.

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA