IPv6 for iOS??

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu May 5 19:09:26 EDT 2016

> On 6 May 2016, at 7:25 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> It seems Apple believes Apple customers use exclusively Apple-branded gear. ;)

I’m using one of the biggest ISPs in Aus and need to use tunnelling to get IPv6. What’s more even with a high end router that’s under 6 months old the IPv6 support is squirrelled away under Advanced Setup on the Advanced tab…

BTW This appears to be a confusing press release https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=05042016a

I’m reading it as apps must support IPv6 only networking because cellular networks are being deployed as IPv6 only in addition to IPv4 only and dual stacks. Essentially what this means is if the network is IPv6 only your IPv4 addresses must get translated into an IPv6 address. The good news is because LiveCode's iOS url support already uses NSURLConnection instead of libURL and sockets we won’t need to worry about the bulk of our networking. We WILL need to worry about sockets though. It may be that I can update mergSocket quickly to get people out of trouble although I had hoped to mothball that now that socket support is in the engine.

Cheers

Monte