Community PDF Project (was Revenue and the Open Source edition)

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed May 4 19:04:17 EDT 2016

On 5/4/2016 6:39 PM, JB wrote:
> I am trying to compile a external using xCode 7.  Is it possible in anyway to
> make that external work or a way to use any version of Xcode on El Capitan
> and make the external work?  Do you compile externals on a Mac with new
> OS X systems like El Capitan and if you do what are you doing to make it
> work?  So I am looking for anyway to make the external work.
>
> JB

I am confused. If the 'external' you are referring to is XPDF, you do
not need Xcode or anything like that. However XPDF will not work on any
version of LiveCode below LC 6.7.x, so if you are trying to use XPDF
with an ancient version of "Revolution" (like 2.x or something) you are
out of luck.

If you have some 'external' you are trying to build, what is it? And
what version of "Revolution" (vs LiveCode" are you trying to build it
for? I am surprised any version of Revolution even runs under El Capitan
- I think you need at least LiveCode 4.5 or maybe 4.6.4 or higher to run
on El Capitan