LiveCode 6.7 and 7.1 end of live [was: Release 8.0.0]

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Wed May 4 11:18:51 EDT 2016

On 04/05/2016 16:11, James Hale wrote:
> Hmm, does this mean that LC6 and LC7 are now eol. (Apart from bug fixes or will these also cease)?

Hi James,

Both LiveCode 6 and LiveCode 7 are EOL.  They have both already been in
bugfix-only development since the 7.1.0 release.

We recently conducted some market research to determine the demand for
an extended-support period for LiveCode 6.7, and the results showed that
it just wouldn't be commercially viable.

Best regards,

                                         Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>