Revenue and the Open Source edition

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Wed May 4 01:12:05 EDT 2016

Monte

I think that you have missed out one way to contribute that would be very valuable to both the community and LiveCode. That is writing automatically runnable tests. There is an automated test suite but it is kept under lock and key by LiveCode so that community members cannot contribute by submitting meaningful tests.

I built my own simple testing framework (https://github.com/PeterWAWood/LiveCode-MiniTest <https://github.com/PeterWAWood/LiveCode-MiniTest>) and have a handful of tests (https://github.com/PeterWAWood/LiveCode-Tests <https://github.com/PeterWAWood/LiveCode-Tests/tree/master/Tests>). (If you run the tests, you will see that some of them fail.).

A set of community developed automated tests would be a great resource that could be grown over time.

Regards

Peter