Revenue and the Open Source edition

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Mon May 2 15:52:01 EDT 2016

Folks:
Just thinking out loud.

This has probably been thought about, but as the HTML5 export gets refined, I wonder about the feasibility of creating an actual Livecode programming environment that runs through a browser. The reason I think of this is that young folks seem to increasingly use tablets and phones. Since Apple won’t let programming environments reside on iOS, the web is perhaps the only other option for these devices. Perhaps this could introduce the younger generation to a “ready to try” experience with livecode. Perhaps users could even store their “apps” online and develop web accessible apps for themselves or whatever. A small monthly subscription fee could help pay the bills and there hopefully would be those who would download the standalone environment.

After a student graduates to desktop, perhaps there could be a “kit” that interfaces LC to an Arduino board. I guess this would have to be an assembler for Arduino machine code (argh). Anyway, just thinking of a path that will direct the younger generation to the wonders of LiveCode.

It’s probably an idea for another kickstarter. Or not.
Bill