Revenue and the Open Source edition

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon May 2 15:34:10 EDT 2016

I don't know about "clever Richmond", but what I do know about is lots
of clever Primary and Secondary school kids (pace Grade/Middle/High)
who come along, listen to my "wibble", watch me move chess pieces around
the table, move beans around a mancala board, and then sit right down
and dig into Livecode without a backward look.

I give them an I+1 task, and they start work on paper, then move to the
machines, cross-fertilise with each other, and I generally sit behind them
looking at what they are doing on screen and throw them the odd "bone"
from time to time, or they ask me intelligent questions which I do my
best to answer.

There does NOT need to be all that "dumbing down" crap because school
kids today are, on the whole, no more stupid than we were when we were that
age, and Livecode on a Linux PC beats either bashing FORTRAN holes in
cards or a Research machine jacked into a black-&-white telly any day of
the week.

There does NOT need to be " a special pricing scheme" for schools
because we already have the best possible pricing scheme imaginable: FREE.

Possibly, just possibly, if kids are "fed" LIvecode at school, those
that become programmers will be prepared tpo pay for a commercial
version; so,
while Livecode does not need a special price, it should be pushing
Livecode in schools worldwide a million times more than it is at the moment.

Who, apart from a few schools in Scotland and the USA has heard of Livecode?

As has been pointed out; the Livecode team are working very hard indeed
to produce a fantastic product, but regardless of it fantasticness
if it isn't adopted their efforts will be for not very much; so, it's
like pushing drugs . . . "Psst, heard about the latest cool computer thing?"

Richmond.