PDF text extraction?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 31 20:47:33 EDT 2016

I may need to extract text from a fair number of PDFs (hundreds).  I can
find all sorts of third-party tools to do that, many of them free and
easy to use, but I'd prefer to integrate this step into some other
things I need to do with the files.

The format isn't as simple as Word or docx, though.  I'm not even sure
if we have support in LC for the compression used in the text streams.
Lots of parts there.

Anyone here have a library or external for extracting text from PDFs?
Ideally a good solution would be available for Win, Mac, and Linux.

TIA -

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems