Script Only Stack Architecture

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 31 16:24:58 EDT 2016

On 3/31/2016 3:09 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> I think the idea that you have to open an external behavior
> stack*before*  you open the main stack that has controls which point
> to it as their parent, is totally unintuitive and when a newbie reads
> "load, open, put into memory" etc... he/she will always assume this
> can happen in the preopenstack handler.  even your b) explanation
> will  throw a newbie

Yeah, you're right. That's what the bug report is about -- make the
process automatic and more intuitive. The current loading order worked
fine when buttons were all we had to work with, but once stacks got
involved it got real messy.

> "Load "MyBehaviorStack" into memory without opening it."
>
> It is or is not open after you query the property?

The engine needs to load it into RAM in order to get the property value.
After that the stack is in the same state as a closed stack which has
its deleteStack property set to false. The stack is retained in RAM but
is not visible and is not in the message path. "There is a stack x" will
return true, but engine messages won't reach it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com