Script Only Stack Architecture

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 31 15:04:31 EDT 2016

On 3/31/2016 1:42 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> ergo: merely opening a script-only stack that is applied as a
> behavior to a control (not global in scope) does*not*  place into the
> msg path.

By the time a preOpenStack handler executes, the engine has already
loaded the stack into RAM and set up the behaviors. You need to load the
behaviors before your mainstack even launches. That's why Richard said
it may require a launcher app that opens the behaviors first and then
opens the mainstack.

To avoid that, the only method available would be the stackfiles lists.
The engine apparently checks those first before setting up the behavior
linkages.

I know you want to implement as much as possible with script-only files,
but for behaviors it may be easier to just use the original button
method. You can share behavior button scripts as easily as text files in
a team environment; they are pretty much self-contained.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com