Design Challenge -- Round Corner mask on images

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:52:24 EDT 2016

Hi Bernd,

BNig wrote
> I guess it is a habit from times when the paintcompression default was
> "RLE" in the IDE and you can define the export format using export... e.g.
> as "png".
>
> And somehow I like to export to a container. I feel I have more control
> over where the image goes instead of an image just landing smack in the
> middle of the card. But that is just a matter of preferences.
>
> Now the default paintcompression is "PNG" and it does not matter so much
> anymore. Before you would have to change the paintCompression to get a
> "png" using import.
>
> It also used to be that using "RLE" as paintcompression sped up some image
> manipulations quite a lot for setting imageData and such. As far as I am
> aware the speed advantage is not as large as it used to be.

This information is very useful. Many Thanks! :D

Did you have a reliable recipe to export (or import)
a snapshot of an image with a blend mode
(or ink effect) applied?

Try this:

1) Import two images:

a) transparent black and white png (ubuntu logo)
http://design.ubuntu.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-ubuntu_cof-white_black-hex.png

b) color jpg image (ubuntu glass logo)
https://roboticsclub.org/redmine/projects/scoutmech/repository/revisions/126146b75ea50ed09523a8c2cc85c83ee7d6f93b/entry/docs/DocumentationImages/WebsiteMarketing/WebsiteSlider/ubuntu_glass_logo.jpg

2) Apply a blend mode (or ink effect)