Script Only Stack Architecture

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Wed Mar 30 02:03:46 EDT 2016

> On 30 Mar 2016, at 6:26 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <brahma at hindu.org <mailto:brahma at hindu.org>> wrote:
>
> @ Mark, Monte, Peter (brett)  if you are inspired   -- a tutorial on "building an app from scratch, using the script-only modular approach to the max."  as a video tutorial or something would be fantastic…

I’m not officially on the team yet so please take anything I say about what I think the team should be doing with a pinch of salt. Having said that I think it would be reasonably beneficial for the team to develop and maintain a number of apps that could be the basis of tutorials, blog posts and maybe even diversify revenue if done right (probably shouldn’t be a major goal). The reason being is engine & IDE development <> app development. The concept needs a thorough cost benefit analysis done on it though to work out if it should be prioritised over the many thousands of other things that need doing. It would really need to be a long term strategy uniting marketing, documentation and testing of the IDE and engine if it were to be worthwhile.

Cheers

Monte