Help with legacy on-rev site tripped up on new LiveCode hosting service

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Wed Mar 30 00:25:04 EDT 2016

Hi

Thanks everyone for their comments.

I managed to get it working.  There were a number of issues with
incompatibilities of LC server 4.6.4 scripts with the LiveCode 6.2.6 engine.
With some help from Monte I managed to find and resolve the following
issues.
-one is that there was a global scope and with the same name as variables in
several functions.
- another problem was with reserved words that were not reserved in 4.6.4
like SESSION REQUEST which were used as variables and sha1Digest which was a
function.  I was using a Mark Smith library awsbincrypt.irev that had a
sha1Digest functions, I commented out that function.
- the other thing was that files that were referenced with just the file
name were not being found as they were not in the same directory.   I had to
change
include "MyFile.irev"
include "../template/MyFile.irev"
Not sure how this worked before in 4.6.4.

Using the extension .irev does not seem to be a problem.

I had used the what Mike had suggested on the old Tio server

    AddHandler livecode-server .irev
    Action livecode-server /cgi-bin/livecode-server-4.6.4

but on the new server that no longer worked.

Hopefully I have found all of the incompatabilities.

Thanks again.

Martin