Script Only Stack Architecture

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Mar 29 21:18:53 EDT 2016

Chipp's MagicCarpet was useful in its day... then came the lock down: no FTP  in clear text.

That may change soon as I believe we are getting close to solutions for SFTP. There is still a strong use case for passing the baton/binary-stack (ck in, ck out)  style collaboration. I really can't see myself (or anyone?) using script to set colors, gradients, font style etc. to objects run time on preOpenStack to render the GUI.  Eye-candy design team can passing the GUI (binary stack) back and forth, while the code nerd build up the text only platform underneath... how those to production processes would play together is another thing to think about.

Can someone give me the syntax for assigning someScriptOnlyStack.livecode to a childObject as a behavior?

I'll looking at the dictionary in LC 8 dp 16... but nada

what is the equivalent of

set the behavior of tNewGroup to the long id of button "Widget" of card "Behaviors"

where "the long id of button...." points instead to a script only stack?

Oh and.. .this has possibilities as well (from the dict), I didn't know till now that we have this cascading option too:

For example, let's say you have the following setup: field "Action" - behaviour set to button "Derived" button "Derived" - behaviour set to button "Root" button "Root"

Then the message path will be: field "Action" button "Derived" button "Root"

BR