Help with legacy on-rev site tripped up on new LiveCode hosting service

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Tue Mar 29 18:25:00 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have an site on on-rev TIO that was working but now that it has been
transferred to the new site it generates livecode errors on some pages.

I had this problem a couple of years ago but David Williams had managed to
make it run on TIO which would accept the legacy site using LiveCode server
4.6.4

Now with the new site I am sure that is not an option.

I have found one issue that I fixed,  a variable was named SESSION which is
a reserved word in LiveCode as of 5.0   I also found there is a variable
REQUEST which is an array.  I think I ran into this before and renamed them
$_POST. Is that correct?

Is there any document on on changes between LiveCode server 4.6.4 and later
versions and how to transition?  I looked at http://downloads.livecode.com
but after version 5.0 I don't see specific documentation for server.

Thanks

Martin