Design Challenge -- Round Corner mask on images

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Mar 28 00:03:59 EDT 2016

Jacque's backPattern idea is an option purely for masking images as well,
though you're more limited using that option.  The image and graphic need
to be the same height, and you need to have "extra" image on the left side
so you can crop off the rounded corners on the left.

The advantage of that option is you probably won't get any rendering
artifacts with acceleratedRendering enabled (no ink effects needed).  The
disadvantage is the image needs to be fit precisely to the masking
graphic, while in a group with ink effects, you have more flexibility in
placing/sizing the image.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design

On 3/27/16, 8:38 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of J. Landman Gay"
<use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of