Problem updating to Version 8 (DP16)

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Thu Mar 24 16:43:19 EDT 2016

I have version 8 (DP 14) installed on my laptop running Ubuntu 14.04.

When I opened the start center there were a couple of buttons visible.
One referred to version 7.xx and the other was an upgrade to DP 16. I
clicked on the DP 16 button a download progress bar appeared. I must
have lost my internet connection because when I checked back the
progress bar was gone but Livecode was not upgraded to DP 16.

Closing and restarting the Start Center did not offer the upgrade
anymore and even Help-->check for upgrades did nothing.

Could someone tell me how to get upgrades to work again?

Thanks,  Jim