Looking for parser for Email (MIME)

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:58:25 EDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 11:33 PM, Roland Huettmann
<roland.huettmann at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was searching for "file", "detailed file", "detailed files".

You can't be using LC8dp15 or greater because all I have to do is type
in 'detaile' and the list of hits is reduced to 3 with the one you are
looking for quite visible. If I type 'detailed fi' there is only one
hit and it's clearly the one you want:

the [{ detailed | long }] files

Since dp15 the Dictionary has been very much improved. Even when
working in LC 6 or 7 I keep LC 8 open so I can use it's Dictionary
because it's search feature is better.

> Anyway, I would appreciate a function giving the same pointing at just one
> selected file (not files). I will use my custom function doing that.

I generally find it a lot easier just to move the files I wish to work
on into a single folder, then declare that the defaultFolder. If there
is only one file in there then 'the detailed files' will report on the
one file. Alternatively you can always:

put shell("ls -l /hardDrive/User/Folder/FileToWorkOn.mbox") into tFileInfo

Look up 'shell' in the LC Dictionary for it's description

Use your favourite man page reader to look up all of the options for
the ls shell command

HTH