Buffer size (was Looking for parser for Email (MIME))

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 22:18:33 EDT 2016

Hi All,

Just wondering: Using LiveCode could you split and compress
this 38 gb text file in 10,000 smaller files?

Some years ago, when I was interested in creating
an Offline Wikipedia Reader (using Livecode),
I found the same problem to gather all parts
of an article from compressed files.

A Wikipedia article could start in the middle of a
compressed file and end at the beginning of next.

The script to gather all parts of an article did this:
1) decompress the file where the article starts,
2) if end tag of this same article is not in
decompressed data, then
3) decompressed next file, search for end of article
and append to previous decompressed data.

This simple algorithm would fail if there was a
really large Wikipedia article that spans among
3 compressed files, but still today, do not exists
such really large article in Wikipedia.

Alejandro