RevBrowser in 8.0.0 DP 15

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 20 15:54:08 EDT 2016

On 3/20/2016 3:34 AM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> Do the problems with the #-component in revBrowser go away if you use an
> RFC 1738 file URL?

Yes, some of it does. The file loads into the browser either way but
subsequent navigation causes the browser content to go blank. It's
because when queried, the URL the browser returns is "about:blank"
instead of the file path.

I do feel a little stupid about forgetting to replace the spaces in the
file path though. I knew about that but didn't notice them because the
file does load okay initially.

If I store the original URL in a script local and append the hashtag to
that, then it does work. I'll revise the report. If revBrowser would
return the file path instead of "about:blank" it would be flawless.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com