Version 8, DP16 Tutorial Runthrough

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Mar 18 14:59:35 EDT 2016

> On Mar 17, 2016, at 6:12 PM, William Prothero <prothero at earthednet.org> wrote:
>
> Ali:
> That’s true. I had the Property Labels set to “Description”. I actually never set it, but it was that way from earlier versions, probably.
> Best,
> Bill
>
>> On Mar 17, 2016, at 4:18 PM, Ali Lloyd <ali.lloyd at livecode.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think some of your issues may be because you have the property inspector
>> set to Property Labels -> Name of LiveCode property rather than Description
>> of Option. I'll add a bug report to make sure the latter option is selected
>> during the tutorial.

It seems like the tutorial should use whatever the default setting is, and IIRC that is the Description of Option. Is that right? At any rate, it’s unlikely that a newbie going through this tutorial will not have changed any of the IDE property settings yet.

My .02 of a currency unit.

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities