RevBrowser in 8.0.0 DP 15

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Fri Mar 18 03:46:49 EDT 2016

On 17/03/2016 22:12, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 3/17/2016 1:11 PM, panagiotis merakos wrote:
>> No CEF on Mac OS X
>> ------------------
>> Due to the lack of support for 32-bit CEF on Mac OS X, we will no
>> longer be
>> using libCEF to provide an embedded browser on OS X. This applies to both
>> the revBrowser external and the new browser widget.
>
> This may be a problem. I'm loading an html file from disk. I can't get
> the widget to work with disk-based files, so I'm using
> revBrowserOpenCEF. I need to script navigation to various internal links
> in the file, like "#linkHere".
>
> To do that I append the link marker to the file path, which I obtain
> with revBrowserGet("URL"). The CEF browser works with that, revBrowser
> doesn't. I've tried several different methods, but can't find a way in
> the older revBrowser to script navigation to an internal link. How would
> I do that?

Hi Jacqueline,

Have you tried opening the page in a browser widget, and then using the
new "do _ in _" syntax to run some JS in the widget that sets
"window.location.hash"?

If that's not clear I can try and find the time to put together a full
example for you...

                              Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>