"the target" also valid for disabled buttons?

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Thu Mar 17 12:48:13 EDT 2016

Hi all,

sorry for the strange subject, but I have a strange problem
and wonder if this is a bug or feature.

I have 3 buttons in a group with this script:
on mouseUp
   switch the short name of the target
      case "Next"
         send "handle_mouseup next" to grp "navibuttons1" in 0
         #go next
         break
      case "Back"
         send "handle_mouseup prev" to grp "navibuttons1" in 0
         break
      case „another button“
         ## not handled yet...
      break
   end switch
end mouseUp

Now in some situations one of these buttons is diabled, but the
script executes as if the button is still ENabledm which causes
inconvenience, read ERRORS! Know what I mean?

So is this a bug and the script should NOT work for diesabled buttons or should it?
Thanks for any insight!

LC 7.1.3 stable on OS X 10.11.3

Best

Klaus