server difficulties coming from LC7, or new host?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Mar 16 14:53:01 EDT 2016

Hi Phil,

On 2016-03-16 19:37, Phil Davis wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'm probably leaving out some vital info, so feel free to ask. I'm
> getting nowhere right now, so I'll greatly appreciate any insight you
> can offer. I would love to discover that I'm overlooking something
> simple. (Hey, I can always hope!)

It could be there are some other changes you might need to make to bring
compatibility of your server side apps with 7, or, indeed, you might
have found a bug or two with 7+ versions of server. If you could help
locate the latter that would be great as it will mean a transition is
smoother for everyone.

In the meantime, however, I've just chatted to David and he is currently
working on setting up a way for everyone to choose what version of
LiveCodeServer gets used to run your web sites - this will mean you will
be able to continue to use the pre-7 engines until you are ready to move
forward.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps