Small regex project for pay

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Mar 16 13:19:08 EDT 2016

On 3/16/2016 1:06 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Just for the record, you could probably meet all the requirements
> using LiveCode's trueword token (in LC 7) which solves the whitespace
> and punctuation issues. But I think regex would still be faster.

Excellent point. I should have mentioned that I needed this for a
project being built under LC 6.7.x. I wish I was at LC7+ as the true
word and sentence chunks were specific enhancements I was looking for
since LC5, but I'm not quite ready to migrate. The code base of our app
uses a lot of the "old" Unicode way of doing things that must be updated
for 7 as well as an unknown number of instances where 'char' has been
used when 'byte' should be used that need to be located and
differentiated from actual instances where 'char' is correct. Also, by
the time I am ready, 8 will be released and we'll probably skip 7.x and
go straight to LC8 and finally be caught up in engine releases!