Trying to understand the inner workings of Resizestack

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Mar 14 19:32:58 EDT 2016

On 3/14/2016 12:59 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> on resizeControl
>    refreshChart
> end resizeControl

Just a caution for folks following this discussion of resizeStack, per
Richard's suggestion, I've found the use of resizeControl to be a great
way to modularize window geometry.

However, as of LiveCode 6.7.6, resizeControl is not sent to a disabled
control when it's rectangle is changed. This is in keeping with messages
not sent to disabled controls (like mouseDown, mosueUp, etc.) and yet it
seems like a bug to me since whether a control is disabled or not, you
probably want to have it resize when the window is resizing.

I have not checked to see if resizeControl not being sent to disabled
controls was ever entered as a bug or whether it is still an issue in
LC7 or LC8.