Trying to understand the inner workings of Resizestack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 14 14:39:53 EDT 2016

Terence Heaford wrote:

 >> On 14 Mar 2016, at 16:59, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> on resizeControl
 >>   refreshChart
 >> end resizeControl
 >
 > Obviously, this works but does not cure the occasional flash that
 > occurs when reproducing the chart.
 >
 > I suspect perhaps the script along with all the resizeControl
 > messages is making it difficult for the engine to keep up?

I think it may be subtler than that, but more easily fixed:

When the contents of a group are resized, by default the group enclosing
them is resized to fit.

So if you set the lockLoc of the group (and here I tend to set that for
objects in groups as well, just to avoid my accidentally moving them
while working) you should find it resizes more gracefully.

Also, unless you need the margin you may find it helpful to set the
group's margin to 0.  If you leave it at the default of 4 and move its
internal contents to any edge of the group, when the group's lockLoc is
true the internal objects will render clipped, and when the lockLoc is
false the group will expand by 4px to accommodate the control.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems