Write to IPTC Core Data of Image Files?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Sun Mar 13 17:25:02 EDT 2016

On 11/03/2016 19:53, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> @ Other BR :-)
>

>   However, we found interesting variations in
> what could be ready by which applications. I
>
> ExifTool looks good, very doable to drive from LC scripts.

Yes, I think at the time it was the go-to choice.  I wish I could remember
what the problem was: I think it was probably that we found that the tags it
wrote were readable by some applications we tested, but not others.

In regards to your other question, we ended up writing some of the data to
multiple fields - e.g. "byline" and "caption writer" set to the same text,
"credit line" and "source" to the same text - again because we found that some
apps displayed some fields, other apps displayed a different selection.

If your requirement is for in-house processing with a known toolchain, neither
of these issues may be relevant.

best

OBR...