Look and Feel in LC8

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Mar 11 15:20:40 EST 2016

> On Mar 11, 2016, at 8:06 AM, Peter TB Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/03/2016 14:49, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> Q for Peter: will Widgets like the On/Off toggle be updated to use
>> OS-native appearances on OS X and Android?
>
> Sort of.
>
> Ali and I have spent the last week and a half working on *all* of the core widgets to bring them up to the standard that we feel is appropriate for shipping in LiveCode 8, and you'll hear more about that in the next few days, hopefully.
>
> All of them have major changes to their appearance, properties and behaviour.
>
>                                     Peter

Peter,

I’m glad to hear this. I recently did a “deep dive” into several of the widgets in preparation for introducing my students to widgets for mobile. I compiled a list of problems I found, including dictionary errors, problems with the property inspector, and things that weren’t quite working. I’d be happy to type them up, but they’re kind of diverse for a single bug report, or I could just email them to you. I suspect you’ve addressed some of them already.

Would this be helpful?

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities