livecode website templates

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 7 22:56:55 EST 2016

Matt Maier wrote:
> Has anybody actually built a website using Livecode, as in these examples?
> http://samples.on-rev.com/index.irev
>
> I checked the code in all of these sites and, unless I'm missing something,
> everyone who knows Livecode is using javascript (or is just using
> templates?).

JavaScript is the only language embedded in browsers, so it's no like
anyone has a choice there.

But JavaScript is also plain text, and LiveCode is very adept at
manipulating text.  Many of us deliver that along with HTML and CSS from
LiveCode running on the backend.

Not for everything; static content needn't be slowed down by putting it
into a dynamic content delivery system.  But most of us have at least
some dynamic content and/or services made with LiveCode on our servers,
and some of us even use LiveCode for part of our static content management.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems