Bouncy Castle #1

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 08:35:17 EST 2016

On 4.03.2016 12:48, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Richmond wrote:
> > I wonder why the 32 bit Linux builds of the 6 series won't
> > run on my 64 bit Xubuntu even though I have multi-arch
> > installed?
>
> Because, despite the name, multi-arch doesn't really do the job of
> supporting multiple architectures.  I was spending a lot of time in
> the Ubuntu forums when that replaced ia32libs and I found a lot of
> people encountering issues with many packages, like Google Earth.
> That LiveCode fails to run under multiarch as one of Google's best
> apps does I think we're in good company.
>
> Indeed, multiarch has been the source of so much frustration I've had
> a hard time figuring out why they bothered to write it at all when
> ia32libs was working well.
>
> The best fix I've found for this is from Neil @ LiveCode, in the forums:
> <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20091&p=104639&hilit=64+bit+ubuntu+neil#p104639>
>

> Run this line he suggests there and let me know if it doesn't work:
>
>   sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386

Well, well, well: look what I've been missing:

   libatk1.0-0:i386 libcairo2:i386 libdatrie1:i386 libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0:i386
   libgraphite2-3:i386 libharfbuzz0b:i386 libpango-1.0-0:i386
   libpangocairo-1.0-0:i386 libpangoft2-1.0-0:i386 libpixman-1-0:i386
   libthai0:i386 libxcb-render0:i386 libxcb-shm0:i386

That did the 'trick'.

Thank you very much indeed.

Richmond.