Bouncy Castle #1

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Mar 4 05:48:11 EST 2016

Richmond wrote:
 > I wonder why the 32 bit Linux builds of the 6 series won't
 > run on my 64 bit Xubuntu even though I have multi-arch
 > installed?

Because, despite the name, multi-arch doesn't really do the job of
supporting multiple architectures.  I was spending a lot of time in the
Ubuntu forums when that replaced ia32libs and I found a lot of people
encountering issues with many packages, like Google Earth.  That
LiveCode fails to run under multiarch as one of Google's best apps does
I think we're in good company.

Indeed, multiarch has been the source of so much frustration I've had a
hard time figuring out why they bothered to write it at all when
ia32libs was working well.

The best fix I've found for this is from Neil @ LiveCode, in the forums:
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20091&p=104639&hilit=64+bit+ubuntu+neil#p104639>

Run this line he suggests there and let me know if it doesn't work:

   sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386

If not, try running LC from Terminal with ldd and we'll see what else is
needed, but for me that GTK lib took care of it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems