[Blog] Script Only Stacks

Tim Bleiler bleiler at buffalo.edu
Thu Mar 3 14:17:59 EST 2016

> On Mar 3, 2016, at 2:01 PM, Tore Nilsen <tore.nilsen at me.com> wrote:
>
> I think TextWrangler is a better choice than TextEdit for this purpose. In textWrangler you can specify both UTF 16 and Unix line endings.

TextWrangler shows a working script only stacks as UTF-8, with BOM and Unix (LF).

A “broken” one shows UTF-8 and Unix (LF). So, the difference is BOM.

A discussion of with or without BOM can be found here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2223882/whats-different-between-utf-8-and-utf-8-without-bom

I guess that leaves the question of whether this should remain a requirement of script only stacks or if the engine can be modified to accept without BOM.

Tim