LC8DP15 feedback-IDE Issues

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Wed Mar 2 17:08:57 EST 2016

On 02/03/2016 16:28, Mark Wieder wrote:
> On 03/01/2016 11:39 PM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
>
>> You can double click on an item in the Project Browser to select it on
>> the card.
>
> Empirically...
> You can double click on an item's icon to do that.
> Double-clicking on the name allows you to edit the name.
> Single-clicking a line in the PB has no appreciable effect (other than
> highlighting the line in the PB).
>
> Double-clicking the mysterious lock icon with a "Show" tooltip also
> seems to select the highlighted object.

Thanks -- that's a much more complete / thorough explanation than I
managed to give.  The Project Browser tries to fit a lot of features
into a small amount of space and I'm not convinced that we've found the
most efficient way to pack them.

In the core dev team we use the Project Browser a *lot* when working on
the IDE.  But we probably use it in a different way to the way many
people developing apps with the IDE use it.  We need to get more
feedback about what it does well (so we don't mess with those parts) and
clear feedback about specific things it does badly (so we can tweak them).

I'm not entirely sure what the "mysterious lock icon with a 'Show'
tootip" is for... I haven't used it yet.

                                     Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team