Licensing questions again (was: Glen Bojsza "LC 8 hard question...")

sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Mar 2 09:24:12 EST 2016

While answering Matthias Rebbe Kevin Miller wrote on Tue, 01 Mar 2016 17:34:48:

> (snip)
>> I?ve reviewed the thread between Heather and Wilhelm and I can see that no
>> such withdrawal of rights after the fact has taken place. Wilhelm simply
>> does not yet appear to fully understand the extensive explanation that
>> Heather supplied. Perhaps we can improve the way we communicate these
>> complexities in the future.
>>
>> This list is definitely not the place to discuss this. I?m sure Heather
>> and Wilhelm will reach a point of understanding through normal channels.

It is a rather simplistic and convenient way to assume that I "simply do not yet appear to fully understand...." - and I think this needs to be commented here.

Given the present state of the discussion, in which Support simply refuses to drop some untenable and unsustainable arguments, I still have the impression that indeed a "withdrawal of rights after the fact has taken place", like I have described it in my post.

I could quote a number of statements here that definitely leave no room for any misunderstandings.

I may take your "chiming in" as a positive note and an encouragement to try to "reach a point of understanding" and I hope you will second such attempts that could be beneficial for both sides. And we should have improved our ways to communicate already in the past. To that effect I had proposed to apply the principle of "intellectual honesty" in our discussions, which is a standard usually employed in academic or scientific discourses, but useful everywhere.

Kind regards,

Wilhelm Sanke

---