Export & LC8 & Browser widget

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Mar 2 03:34:34 EST 2016

On 2016-03-02 08:36, Terence Heaford wrote:
> This suggestion doesn’t work because the widget is a Browser widget
> and I believe the browser is not a true object
> but a window overlay.

Not exactly - the browser widget is a true engine object, but it uses a
'native' layer to display itself. At present native layers do stack
above the card layer (which also renders into a native layer, just with
drawing code the engine has complete control over) but we would like to
make them interleave as you would generally expect at some point
(there's just a fair bit of engineering to do to get that to work!).
(Note that there is a well defined ordering for layers used by native
layer using objects - the layering follows the same layering as the
objects on the card, its just that all non-native objects will stack
first, then all native objects).

Whether or not you can actually get the pixels directly out of a native
layer depends entirely on what 'kind' the native layer is and whether
the platform lets you do that kind of thing.

See my other post for more details.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps