Open source, closed source, and the value of code

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Tue Mar 1 23:11:25 EST 2016

> On 2 Mar 2016, at 1:41 PM, Robert Mann <rman at free.fr> wrote:
>
> So basically, all clients of any indie developer have to buy/get their own
> license for their product.

No as far as I’m aware clients only need to get their own license if they are also a developer. If the clients aren’t involved in the application other than brief, testing, artwork etc and aren’t using LC then they are unlikely to need a license. I often recommend it though if there is a good tester on the client end it is often helpful for them to have LiveCode available.

Cheers

Monte