Open source, closed source, and the value of code

Robert Mann rman at free.fr
Tue Mar 1 18:58:01 EST 2016

Thanks for your piper mail link. I found your article very informative (and a
breeze to read!).

I'll retain that what's actually written in the GPL license.. is like toilet
paper
What counts is the creators position... Fine.

And that'll close the subject of the status of the stack files for me too.
//

== Remains to be cleared the position vis a vis content (audio, video, text,
images) what is the position of the creators? Can it be clarified? Did they
mean that all content be, in their interpretation, included in the GPL? Is
that written up somewhere in a specific proviso or just "thought" ?

== And lastly, the kafkaesque position vis a vis the use of both tools for
the same code. In  practice, can I code part of an application in the
community and part of it in the closed IDE. If not, please do precise if
there are markers somewhere that are used to track the IDE used.

Many thanks, I hope we can close this (long!) thread soon with practical
answers to these questions.
Robert