LC8DP15 feedback-IDE Issues

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue Mar 1 17:39:13 EST 2016

On 01/03/2016 22:28, William Prothero wrote:

> The first thing I’ve noticed is that selecting objects in the Project
> Browser and stack window is poor. In 7.1 versions and older, when I
> clicked on an object on the stack window, it would hilite the
> corresponding entry on the project browser. First off, I find that
> clicking on different objects in the stack screen, it often refuses
> to “select” a new object until I click around. Secondly, when I click
> on an object on the stack window, it should hilite in the project
> browser. This is very convenient when developing, and it doesn’t seem
> to happen in LC8.

Hi Bill,

Selected objects are now shown in the Project Browser with a highlighted
border.  You can "zoom to" an object by right-clicking on it (on the
stack) and selecting "Show in Project Browser".  This was an intentional
change to make it slightly easier to not "lose your place" in the
Project Browser view when you change the selected object in a stack with
lots of controls.

I think I remember seeing a bug relating to selecting things, but I
can't find it right now... please go ahead and file a bug report if you
can reliably reproduce the problem.

> So, I’m still on LC8, but the IDE, nice and shiny new as it is, still
> needs some work. Or, perhaps I just haven’t figured out all of its
> new options yet.

Feedback is always appreciated.  Currently I'm finding that the LiveCode
8 IDE is actually a big improvement over the LiveCode 7 one for the
things that I use it for (but I'm aware that I'm a *very* atypical user!)

                                              Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team