Open source, closed source, and the value of code

Robert Mann rman at free.fr
Tue Mar 1 16:50:57 EST 2016

The price rise in the commercial license has led me to try understand the
Opens SOurce License, although I had always in my mind to keep with a
commercial license ideally.

And that leads to big surprises. I'll be doing a little bit of homework on
that.

*Question 1 :: is there somewhere a kind of WIKI place for live code whereI
could start up open a license subject/page to be amended in a more
structured and constructive way than that list???*

Question 2 :: In that spirit, Peter TB Brett, it would be a contribution if
could you throw in the source/ref of the terms & conditions of the indy
license that forbids to provide the service described by J L. just above
consisting in accompanying an author in the realm of iOs app publishing.

Behing the great idea of a Open SOurce, it is surpassing to find so much
barriers being built around it.
And that does not seem totally realistic and respectful either.

I find it hard and really surprising that such a service is not provided by
somebody because I would find it really useful. Thinking about it, I
actually have one project I worked upon that would greatly benefit from such
a service as I just do not have time to dig and try out myself the iOs
publishing. Frankly it just is not a thing you just do once as a hobbits to
my view.

On the indy side, i find it very intriguing that you can invest into a tool
and be so tightly regulated as to what you can or not do.

So far to go into the iOs model, you need :
-- to do it yourself (if calling help from an indy is banned!)
-- invest in the tool 1000 bucks, plus..
-- invest time in trying out things with a stange spread out documentation
here and there.
-- deal with mister apple and the niceties & subtleties one regularly see in
the forum..

Mumm.. sounds great!!