Export & LC8 & Browser widget

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Mar 1 16:32:58 EST 2016

On 3/1/2016 1:41 PM, Terence Heaford wrote:
> I have been unable to get the Browser widget to print as I
> suspect there is no option for this so I thought I would try a snapshot using this:
>
> export snapshot from rect (the rect of widget "Chart") of this card to tVar as PNG
>
> put tVar into image "myImage"
>

> Unfortunately it does not capture the image in the correct rect of the card even though the dimensions seem correct.
>
> Am I missing something in the application of the export snapshot command.

The coordinates are global to the screen unless you specify a window ID.
I.e., 0,0 is the top left corner of the monitor.

You can either translate the coords to global using globalLoc() or
specify a window ID. From the docs:

"To export a snapshot for a portion of a stack you use the form:
export snapshot from rect[angle] of window windowID to ...
Where windowId is the windowId property of the required stack."

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com