The Future of LiveCode in Education

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:34:47 EST 2016

On 1.03.2016 07:01, Colin Holgate wrote:
> I’m trying to figure out which bit of information you mistyped. 1983 would be fairly late for getting an Apple II, but 1983 was before the Mac was released, and the Mac II didn’t come out until early 1987 I think.
>
> Your remembered date is also four years before HyperCard was released. It could be that you meant 1993, and it was one of the last Macintosh LC II machines that you got. That would certainly have come with HyperCard.
>
> http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_lc/specs/mac_lc_ii.html

Frankly I wouldn't get picky with Brahmanathaswami about dates: the
important point about his message has got absolutely nothing to do with
whether it was 1983, 1993 or, for that matter, 1724!

In 1993 I ended up in a married student "cave" at Southern Illinois
University with an LC 475 on the desk in front of me and a screaming 7
month year old next to me (my wife had a Fulbright scholarship);
Hypercard probably prevented me from battering the baby to death!!!!!

Richmond.